LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Madhura Dalvi   26 January 2017

Reduction of Maintenance

I have a query.... The Bandra Family Court, Mumbai has an order in one of my matters whereby the respondent (husband) has to pay maintenance to the wife and child, including he has to bare all the educational expenses of the child from buying his uniforms to school bag to books to school shoes etc etc. His salary is barely 16,000/-pm. However, since this order has been the petitioner(wife) has been pressuring the husband that the child will study either in CBSE, ICSE or some international board. Can the reapondnet make an application in the court and seek for reduction in the maintenance??

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Adv Madhura Dalvi
I have a query....
The Bandra Family Court, Mumbai has an order in one of my matters whereby the respondent (husband) has to pay maintenance to the wife and child, including he has to bare all the educational expenses of the child from buying his uniforms to school bag to books to school shoes etc etc.

His salary is barely 16,000/-pm. However, since this order has been the petitioner(wife) has been pressuring the husband that the child will study either in CBSE, ICSE or some international board.

Can the reapondnet make an application in the court and seek for reduction in the maintenance??

Yes, the respondent husband can give a applicatoin stating the same.

stanley (Freedom)     27 January 2017

@ Author 

Your post is confusing .

1. you state that the the Bandra court has passed an order for maintenance . 

2. Whats the amount stated in the order . There should be a value . If the there is no amount stated in the order than let the husband pay as per his income . 

3. Did you submit the salary slip of the husband in the court prior to the order being passed in order for the court to come to a conclusion and order a fixed amount . 

Can you clear the above queries .

4. Tomorrow wife will state that she wants to put the child in a the united states in a hostel for studies aboard etc and  Tomorow wife will state she wants the Moon ? is it possible .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register