LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     22 February 2009

Redevelopment of old building

 Respected Sir, I live in a old 1917 co-op housing society in south mumbai,70% members are ready for redevelopment -going into tower, exiting structure is ground + 4. On the ground floor there are several commercial shop they are the tenants of co-op housing society & majority of them are not ready for redevelopment tower. the building condition is very bad, what is the legal way out. second Question is one reputed builder is ready to construct the tower, but he is not willing to give any bank guarantee. pls advice . Thanking you with obliged Aziz Mavji mumbai


 7 Replies

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     24 February 2009

Yes I agree with Mr. Prabhakar


TO FILE  application in the co-operative court,  for  taking consent of registrar of society and  with regard to bank gurantee not given by builder, u appoint another  builder .


if u require futher advise, contact 9820185379

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     18 March 2009

What is the offer to the Managing Commiteee? It is known and common.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     18 March 2009

 The chances are that you will lose the roof over head. 

sangeeta mahimkar (Certified Auditor Co-Op.Soc.Mumbai)     25 September 2011

I stay in a old building having 80 tenants on pagdi system in south Mumbai. Our landlord has done MOU with Developer. pl guide us on following points.

1) Can we form a co-op.hsg. Society of tenents? Is it necessary to form a soc. before redevelopment?

2) Can we demand area more than MHDA rule?

3) Can we reject the development proposal after MOU of landlord & Developer?

4) About bank Guaranty - The Developer is not ready to give BG on ground that we have not having a registered society. According to him BG is mandatory in case of only registered housing societies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register