Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suhail chagla   16 May 2021

Red Alert/ Cyclone Procedure

Dear all,

My query today is regarding job procedure if there is a Red Alert in the state.
Can an employee be forced to physically travel to a location during a red alert? or is there some sort of legal relief that gives the employee the leeway of working from home.

Thanking you for your time,
S.C

Learning

6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     17 May 2021

Sate the facts. Vague query.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     17 May 2021

Everything depends upon the nature of job and the Department in which the person is working.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 May 2021

If Government has mandated such conditions like holidays or certain regulations that prevail and other conditions depend on circumstances and urgency.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 May 2021

All large organisations have robust BCP plans in place but I don’t think anyone ever envisaged a BCP situation such as this. Well it is what is and I strongly believe that the biggest strength that human beings have is the ability to adapt to any situation and come out shining.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2021

If the employer is forcing the employee to attend to the situation he should make arrangement for the employee to reach the location safely and also to provide adequate safety measures protecting the life of the employee in the grave situation. 

It is the service  contingency which the employee has consented and  signed the employment offer letter.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2021

No legal issue / dispute is involved in the query qua facts posted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register