LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sobhan (self)     21 August 2012

Rectification deed information

I have taken  6 X100 Sq Yard plots in Nellimarla, Vijayanagaram, Andrapradesh. After my registration the land lord changed the plot numbers. And others registered with new plot numbers.  Now I asked land lord to re-register my plots. He was suggesting to have rectification deed for updated plot numbers.

my question here - is rectification deed  legal in this case (land lord changed plot numbers after registration)? if not what should I do? if yes what is the proceedure?

Thanks & Regards,



 5 Replies

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     22 August 2012

Dear  shobhan  you can rectify the defects in documents before going registreing rectifcation you find the exacct location of your plot find out boundaries and lay out plan. 

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     22 August 2012

If any wrong done while making documents and registred with out knowing same may be rectify . But find out exact bondaries of  your plot and find out the lay out plan. the plan approved by DTCP or your Nellimarla Panchayat.  You may enquire the same in Colecterate office, Panchayt Officer office in Collectare compound in Vizianagaram abut the lay out plan if no you may complan the same to office in consern and lodge cheating case agaisnt the real estate man

sobhan (self)     22 August 2012

Dear Prabhakar garu,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have taken these plots in 2010, at that time my plot numbers were 194,195,196, 204,205 & 206.  My registration was done with same plot numbers. After that with out my notice real estate man hanged layout plan, which results in different numbers to my plots, but boundaries were not changed. In 2011 I checked about my land my land documents in, to take a loan. In web site it showed pending document.  Now real estate man showing interest in rectification document.  

If real estate man provides rectification document, then can I take loan? In other words is that a fair deal, with out any objections on my land?




I disent from the view of my learned brother Ad. Prabhakar Rao who has stated that rectification deed in respect of the schedule of property can be carried out. As per Indian Registration Act, the measurement (length X breadth) along with boundaries cannot be rectified by way of executing a rectification or deed of correction.

1 Like

subbareddy (advocate)     28 August 2012

being party to the document u r at liberty rectification of ur document

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query