LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhas   23 September 2015

Rectification deed for correcting the name in agreement

I purchased a flat in Mumbai, and competed the registeration for the same. Builder made /created the agreement. But while disbursement of the loan, it was identified that the spelling of the name of my wife is wrong (a single alphabet i.e. instead of writing T they wrote D).  Now I am stuck, the loan is not getting disbursed and more of that, the agreement has wrong name in it.
So my question is what's the next procedure I need to follow so that I can resolve it with the minimum efforts & money? How much would that cost and who should pay the amount?

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 September 2015

get a document of rectification for spelling mistake as T instead of D stating that mistake was done due to typographical mistake and get it be registered where the original deed was registered. it costs a small amount. consult the registering authority.  then bank will make payment.

1 Like

Suhas   24 September 2015

Thanks Kavksatyanarayana for you kind reply !! :)

Just a doubt:

I am getting confused with the statement on various sources that
For rectification of major errors viz. names of the parties, measurement of the property, location and any other descriptttion of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges apply as per rate of registration of the original Sale deed

I am worried that, for a single mispelled alphabet, will I need to pay almost 60k? ;(

Your reply indeed gave me some relief, could you please let me know if I shuld worry about the above statement?

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 September 2015

No need to pay stamp duty, Just you directly enquired about the matter with related officer 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 September 2015

get the rectification deed be prepared and get it be registered where the original deed was registered. it costs a small amount. consult the registering authority.  no need to pay the stamp duty as you said in your query.

umar khan   11 October 2015

I dont think you need to pay stamp duty because its just a matter of one word.. if it was change of measurement, location then stamp duty has to be paid..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register