LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manohar   03 September 2018

Rectification deed

Recently I have purchased and registered a property. As I have availaed a bank loan the sale deed is with bank but after few days I have observed some minor mistake with respect to measurement in sale deed. Actualy the length (east to west) and breadth (nort to south) of the property  is 50.64 ft  and 30 ft respectively but in sale deed the lenght is mentioned as 50.37 ft. However the total area 1519 sq ft is mentioned correctly . If we take wrong value i.e. 50.37 and then the total area would be 1511 sq ft. If I want to execute recitification deed for correction then do I need to get original Sale deed from the bank ?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 September 2018

Yes, you need original deed for rectification.

adv nishant (Advocate)     28 October 2018

Rectification deed will be a supplementary deed to your already executed sale deed, you only need the registration details and the details mentioned in the orignal deed for inserting the same in the rectification deed. A certified copy and in some cases even the photocopy shall be sufficient. 

One thing that is to be taken care is that both the vendor and vendee of the orignal sale deed will be required for executing the rectification deed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register