LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vimal (Analyst)     17 November 2014

Rectification deed


I purchased one flat two days back and on agreement I found that in Index II and on the last page of the registration where Photos and tumb impression taken on agreement papers on both these pages under the Seller name my PAN number wrongly put it needs to be the builders PAN of the details are correct like name , addresses etc just PAN number in Seller party was wrongly updated with mine (buyer PAN).

Please guide me how I can update this error , can it be done by rectification deed or new registraion needs to be done.

Also what would be the cost in doing this process  , m in Pune.

Thanks in advance.


 2 Replies

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     20 November 2014

Need not to worry.  This will not have any effect on the agreement.  However,  visit to the office of Sub Registrar where the agreement registered if he can manually correct it by putting his signatures.

Chandrashekar (Advocate & Legal Consultant)     21 November 2014

Mr. Vimal, i opine that keeping in view the aspect the deeds registered are subject to scrutiny by the Tax authorities, it is in the best interest of both you and the seller - the Sale Deed needs to be corrected by executing a Rectification Deed (as pan number mentioned is part of the deed). Even otherwise, the error discovered in the Sale Deed needs to be rectified even if immediate risk is not mitigated. This may prove to be a hurdle in case you want to sell the property and include the PAN details in that Deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register