LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

silverster (engineer)     03 August 2013

Recovery of my jewels

My wife left to her parental house 7 days after marriage and hesitate to join with me for past 2 years. She filed an MC case and I'm planning to file a RCR now. The counter for MC is not filed yet. 

During the course of marriage , I gave her golden ornaments worth 20 soverigns and did not recieve any dowry from her side. I spent more than 15 laks for marriage. 

We are evident that she will not join with me hereafter. Kindly suggest me a way as to how I can recover that 20 soverigns of gold.

Learning

5 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     03 August 2013

You need to persuade on RCR and pressurize the girl to settle the matter.

NGOKC (pm)     03 August 2013

1) forget rcr its a usseless piece of law , very risky as she can come back for cpl of days just to create a case

2) file a counter to mc and file casse of divorce citing ccruelty

3) Jewels are gone only way you can get them bacck is to  force her to take divorce on ur terms ,. Jewels are legally hers as they are stridhan

4) but if u want and can prove lodge a complaint that part of them were ur mother's jewels and lodge a complaint for recovery and breach of trust

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     05 August 2013

You need to prove that they are your mothers jewels, moreover if she proves that it is her stridhan then you are finished. Forcing can create another case as the law has soft cornor towards women.

Since you said you gave, it is necessary to show on what basis you gave and that is your answer.

(Guest)

@Querist,

The gold which you have given to your wife needs to be prooved that it is your mothers jewellery which she had lended her for temporary period of 1 or 2 occassions,but she had taken away all the jewelleries without my mothers consent.Hire an extremely smart and agressive lawyer who can give arguements on this.

Meanwhile you just collect all her proofs that she had left you by taking all the jewelleries and money without your knowledge.Give a complaint in nearest PS along with a copy to NCW.

Thanks,

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 August 2013

proving of jewellary means you have to show that the ornaments purchased by you bills, payment particulars if you have those evidences then you can take that extreme step but already you said that after marriage those were given to her then prove her if any bills you have 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register