Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muniraj123 (as)     14 April 2015

Recovery of money lent

Hi all,

Around 6 months back I had lent Rs 50000 to my friend which he has not yet returned even after multiple reminders. I am planning to file a complaint at my local police station but I am afraid that I don’t see any hopes as he may influence them using his political power.

I transferred the money through Internet Banking online service to his account and I have evidence of same. Kindly advise me what I exactly need to do here to recover my hard earned money.

Learning

14 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2015

money given to friends and relatives is basically charity in the garb of loan.  SUch money is taken without intention of refund and given hoping to earn interest or goodwill.

be cool.  You will not get money unless you sped four times amount on litigation.

I helped him on his critically situation and it was not hoping to earn interest or goodwill. Please someone advise how to recover it. in worst cast at least i want to teach him a lesson not to cheat others.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 April 2015

Your complaint is civil in nature and not criminal, hence police need not take any action.  If you file civil case, the litigation expenses are more than what you loaned to your friend.

Hi Sorry actually there was typo error in my question. I have lend 50,000(Fifty Thousand). Filling the case is the only option or is there any other way around it to recover? 

How do you prove that the money given ws a loan and not a charity?

रखना बजुर्गों का यह कौल सीख पहले दे उधार फिर मांग भीख you should be happy that you helped him in crisis. He does not want this happiness.

Muniraj123 (as)     15 April 2015

As i already mentioned i transfered the money through online even though he asked hard cash. Another my friend aware about the money i lent to him.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2015

your online transfer only proves that you paid money. how do you prove that it was a loan?

I have telephonic conversation recordings asking to him to re-pay the money I lent him. Hope this help or do I need any other evidence?  If so please advise them.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2015

what do you achieve by hiding facts from the forum---- only half advise. you have now indicated that you have a phone recording asking him to repay. does it mean he is admitting the debt. the recording is subject to be proved.

the recordings are genuine and i am happy to share if they needs to be verified by any manner to prove they are genuine. is this enough or do I need any other evidence? Please advise them

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2015

if he confesses the loan in the recording, if he confesses non-payment. If he is refusing payment immediately. If this recording is not 7 year old. Then you meet a lawyer and file civil suit.

Muniraj123 (as)     21 April 2015

ok, thanks for the valuable advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register