LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akula Ranjith   24 June 2024

recovery of money from municipal commissioner

A municipal commissioner has purchased a sanitary products like tiles, pipes etc..from a sanitary shop for the purpose of municipality. and the commissioner is refusing to pay an amount or delaying to pay the amount for the sanitary shop owner.

Then how can a sanitary shop owner can recover the money from municipal commissioner.?


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2024

On the basis of the invoice he can send a legal demand notice to the municipal authority demanding payment for the bills. 

Failing to invoke response the businessman can sue the municipality for recovery. 

However he can be aware of pressure over further issues from the authorities concerned. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     25 June 2024

Yes, the amount can be recovered by instituting a suit for recovery through a  local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 June 2024

Government and its agencies are equally, if not more, bound by the law. It is only that due Notice needs to be served before initiating a civil action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register