LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shravan pandey   25 March 2020

recovery of money

i am whole seller some retailers purchased goods as credit and not giving my payment i have all ledger details and slips under which ipc section i can file FIR

Learning

6 Replies

Shayon   25 March 2020

Your case is prima facie of a civil nature. Courts have cautioned use/abuse of criminal law to recover money.

with that being said, if an element of cheating or criminal breach of trust exists, then the same will form a basis for an FIR.

to know sections that are applicable I would suggest that you undertake research or contact a lawyer.
1 Like

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     25 March 2020

1. serve the retailers with a legal notice through counsel to make payment of the outstanding amount 

2. if payment is not made despite service of the legal notice, you can file a civil suit for the recovery of the amount,

1 Like

Rupin Dhama   26 March 2020

you can also file a criminal case for breach of trust and making fraud..
1 Like

Rupin Dhama   26 March 2020

you can also file a criminal case for breach of trust and making fraud..
1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 March 2020

Civil remedies

The most common civil remedy for recovering money is Order 37 of the Civil Procedure Code, which allows a creditor to file a summary suit. Compared to normal suits, summary suits are disposed of faster. Once the suit is instituted and the summons are issued, the defendant has 10 days to make an appearance, failing which the court assumes the plaintiff’s allegations to be true and, accordingly, awards the plaintiff. If the defendant makes an appearance, the  ..

1 Like

Chandan Sharma   07 April 2020

I deposited money on time with Jai maa chandi trading company. But company gave a cheque of Jai maa property dealers. Cheque not clear so I request you to please refer show cause with company owner Sachin from jammu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register