LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhartha Kundoo   30 January 2020

Recovery of money

A person took 8 thousand rs from me In order to do work. I had transferred the money into his bank account neither did he do the work nor is he returned the money. I had filed a police complaint but there was no necessary action taken by the police. How shall I recover my money now?

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Sir, If you have any address of that person, do serve a legal notice demanding money.

You can send demand legal notice by email/whatspp as well and also simultaneously peruse the case with concerned PS.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     30 January 2020

send him a legal notice through counsel for making payment of the outstanding amount along with the relevant interest

Rupin Dhama   31 January 2020

send a legal notice first and then file a recovery suit.

For more legal advice or more information or advice please contact us 9 to 6 on whatsapp 9999121211 or rupin.lawjunction@gmail.com.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     31 January 2020

The matter is relating to just Rs.8000-. If you cannot recover the money or get him to do the work for which you paid the money, it's better not to do anything, as legal action shall cost you much more without much hope of recovery. It's a lesson learnt not to pay amount in advance.

manish (Advocate)     31 January 2020

shivramprasad sir is absolutely right

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     31 January 2020

This is a civil case. Police will not act.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 February 2020

You can take the matter in the adalat (local unit of the legal services authority) functioning in the local Court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2020

you can try as advised but read my undermentioned views

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2020

Money given to friends and relatives is always a charity in the garb of loan which is given in expectation of refund but always taken with intention of non-refund.

Such loan is taken by a person:-
(i) Who lacks business sense and cannot raise funds out of his own business and suddenly wants to be rich.
(ii) who cannot raise bank loan because :- Either he himself is not creditworthy Or the purpose for which he seeks loan is illegal or the purpose for which he seeks loan is not at all commercially viable.
(iii) Who knows he can afford not to refund. (iv) Who trusts his thick skin (v) Who intends not to refund
(vi) Who has made fortification against action of refund. So he has to find someone who can part with his money.

SO he finds a lender near him (friend or relative) Such loans are given by the persons :-

(i) Who has surplus money.
(ii) Who displays and boasts of such surplus money.
(iii) Who stupidly believe that there will be a refund.
(iv) Fails to realise as to why he alone (not bank) is being contacted for loan.
(v) Who has extreme trust on the debtor
(vi) who are either stupid or extremely greedy of the unusual (or illegal) rate of interest.

Such loans are always given
(i) Without documentation.
(ii) Without witness
(iii) Without guarantor.
(iv) During cordial relations

Soon after giving such loan :-
(a) Relations are no more remain cordial
(b) Business started by such money (easy money belonging to other) invariably fails.
(c) Such loans always sink and not refunded. (
d) Person seeking such refund suffers at legal process.
(e) Person seeking such refund legally or by persualtion is socially criticised.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 February 2020

Forgive and forget recovery of the amount considering it as a gift to such person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register