LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashish (Translator)     12 December 2011

Recovery of maintance amount from wife.

Dear Sir,

My wife has filled an application for maintance in Family Court (FC)at Nagpur in Feb, 2006.

After hearing on the matter, F.C. has granted Interim Maintance of Rs. 2500pm till the dispose of the case . and as per order of the FC, I was paying Rs. 2500/-pm w.e.f. July, 2006.

Finally the above case has disposed by the Court and ordred to pay Rs. 3200/-pm as maintance to wife. and according to that I was paying Rs. 3200/- to my wife.

But, when my wife has filled a application for maintance that time she has declared that she is earning Rs. 500/- pm by taking tution at Home.

But, now, after 5 years, It has  came to my notice that my wife is running a school at Nagpur since from June, 2006 and she is earning Rs. 10,000/- pm from the said school .

It means my wife was furnished false declaration to the FC  that she is earining only Rs. 500/- pm from tution.

Now plz advice me :-

whether I can fille an application to the court for recovery of maintance amount from wife paid by me sine she is self employed and earning good money i.e. Rs. 10,000/-

If it is yes, then plz provide me rules/regulation in this regards.

And also advice me whether I can fill a case against wife for cheating me .


plz reply me urgntly.

ashish, goa



 7 Replies

Aishwarya (Teacher)     12 December 2011

I guess maintainance amount cannot be recovered.by any means...this i learnt here only in lci, in some post only..

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     12 December 2011

Dear Ashish

you can post your query again, as i think if know then search here you got your answer

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 December 2011

Forget about recovering money, you would spend considerably more in trying to do so.





Shonee Kapoor


JAGJEET SINGH (Advocate)     13 December 2011

Dear Ashish, firstly you have to prove your words for before Hon'ble Court concern and then you may proceed against your wife for filing false affidavit.

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     13 December 2011

Even this "lying on affidavit" is taken very lightly by the courts :-(

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 December 2011

Forget about revocery but you can apply for stoppage of further payments.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 December 2011

Lying on affidavit has to be shown and pressed in courts.


If you follow it up,you would get benefitted.





Shonee Kapoor


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register