Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Sharma (Legal adviser for land and revenue)     26 April 2017

Recovery of loss

Dear Sir,

I have one important aspect and need your advice on urgent basis. I have entered into agreement with a seller for buying of land on behalf of my clients. I had set a margin in the land and was selling the land to my client at higher price the same was in knowledge of the client as well as we mutually agreed for the same margin.

The seller with whom I entered into agreement showed me copy of registry to be done of the same land for whom I entered into agreement with him. He was supposed to get the registry done in my name after getting the registry done in his name. After three months I came to know that the seller had already committed the same to other people as well and was fooling them around. 

He had paid full amount to the 1st party from whom he has purchased the land. When I contacted the first party then I came to know that he is not interested in getting the registry done in his name and is fooling many people with the same technique.

My question is that I have suffered loss from this agreement, I have logged FIR against him but the police is doing nothing to arrest him.

Can I file a separate case against him for recovery of the loss and also the mount I had paid him at the time of agreement with interest.

Now my client is not interested in buying that land and i have suffered huge loss. Please advice if i can file a separate suit to claim he loss from this person along with the agreement amount with interest.

Regards

Manish 

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2017

Isn't it same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Recovery-of-amount-from-the-seller-639396.asp

And:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Agreement-of-land-can-be-cancelled-on-will-full-defaulter-148717.asp

You may proceed against this fraudster and collect your money back.

If Legal adviser for land and revenue like you falls intosuch traps what would be fate of general public.

Manish Sharma (Legal adviser for land and revenue)     27 April 2017

yes sir, it is same inquiry. Its not about getting the money back. I want to know if it is possible to file a case against the person for the loss I had incurred. Is there any section wherein I can file a case for the loss because of his act and also recover my money. Please advice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 April 2017

What loss?

Rather thank your stars if you have got the refund of advance paid by you.

If Legal adviser for land and revenue like you falls into such traps what would be fate of general public.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register