LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498A Victim   12 December 2018

Recovery of Gold Jewellery from Wife

My wife went away with all the gold jewellery (purchased after marriage) and doesn't leave a single rupee of her. we have bills. can we file recovery petition u/s HMA 27 in family court where divorce proceedings are going


 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 December 2018

Yes u can file winning chances is 50:50 try best.

498A Victim   12 December 2018

Thank you sir for your reply

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     12 December 2018

if you can prove that jewellar belongs to you and not to your wife and the jewellar is not her streedhan then you can recover the jewellar through suit for mandatory injunction and in alternate also for recovery of value of jewellary. you can also approach under section 27 HMAct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query