Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anisha (Na)     22 March 2011

Recovery of full and final payment

Hi,

I worked for a luxury consumer goods company for 3.5 years and resigned after serving complete notice period on 31st January-2011.

I have a scanned copy of my signed fnf document from organization, however inspite of numerous reminders I have not got my last salary cheque including an inenctive for the month of October-2010

• Is there any formal format for sending a notice to my employer which might help in moving things?
  • Is there any specified timeline(like in other countries) within which an employer should settle the dues?

regards

anisha

Learning

7 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     22 March 2011

which type of appoinment letter was issued at the time of joining ? and they must mentioned how to releaving from duty by ways. check once again , normaly one month notice is over.

Anisha (Na)     22 March 2011

Dear Mr Ali,

It was a normal Appointment letter on a company's letter head, duly signed by HR Manager that states the terms and conditions of employment term.

It mentions that 45 days of notice period has to be served, which I did serve

Nothing is mentioned about time-duration to settle the dues. However, as I was checking various articles pertaining to this problem, I realized that usually 30-days is the time-line(as you have also mentioned the same)

Can the same be taken up in consumer court?

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     23 March 2011

Dear Anisha,

You can send a Notice to your ex-employer for f&f payment. In case the company fail to pay within notice period, you can file a case in the Labour court. It is advisible to hire a lawyer for all this process.

1 Like

tapasya (Team Leader)     24 March 2011

How to send legal notice.. n how much it will cost

plz reply

tapasya (Team Leader)     24 March 2011

n i have also heard of fileinganapplication under section 33 c (2) and it doest cost anything .

please let me know the procedure.

Thanks

V.Harikrishnan (Labour Law Consultant)     27 April 2011

Dear Sir

The forum which you could approach to recover the money depends on the designation given to you and the nature of work done by you and the salary drawn by you at the time you left the Company. If you furnish these information probably I may be able to advise you.

With regards

V.HARIKRISHNAN Joint Commissioner of Labour(Retired)

Government of Tamilnadu

Advocate and Labour Law Consultant

Chennai

e mail tovharikrishnan@yahoo.com

Anisha (Na)     27 April 2011

Dear All,

Thanks alot to all of you!!

I was able to recover my long pending payment and all that I had to do was just mention about 'Consumer court' and Labour law.

However I pity the deplorable state of affairs of our India companies where process and procedures are non-existenet and its only one man show.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register