Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AA RAMAKRISHNAN (SR. ADVOCATE)     12 June 2010

Recovery of Excess Amount Paid on Settlement of Claim

Sirs

I have multiple policies with LIC.  Two years back on the settlement of a discounted claim of a money back policy they forgot to deduct the payment of survival benefit given to me on two occasions.  After six month of the settlement I received a letter from LIC to return the excess payment made to me.  I took a stand that on the basis of your offer on my claim I agreed to the sum offered by you seeing that the amount is suitable to my purpose and I employed the money accordingly. Once a settlement is arrived at due deliberations and mutual consent now revoking  the said settlement is not possible and I am not agreeable to the proposal of refunding the money.  Now the Divisional Manager has informed all branches where I service my policies to stall all the payments and claims and the officers pressurizing me to return the excess amount received.  I contented that I have received the agreed amount and nothing more than that and any action to stall the payment is amounting to create charge on my policy or attachment of the same which act is not recognized as a good deal in the eyes of the law.

I request your advice.

Thanks

aar. krishnan

Learning

1 Replies

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     12 July 2011

SIR, you may approach with your query to the grievance department of the IRDA and file a complaint against the insurance providers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register