Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.Riyaz (None)     25 September 2014

Recovery

Hi All,

My Parents have lend Money to my Sisters would be Husband in June 2014 for business purpose. My parents are too old and don't understand any legalities. They sold their property and handed over 27L to him via Cheque on the grounds of Relationship and bonding. He mentioned that he will give it back In August. But he married my Sister and then asked for Divorce within 5 days. When My Sister asked to give the Money back and I will sign the divorce papers, he started Threatening that everything is going to be worse for you people from now onwards. Whomever we approached to help us to recover the Lended Money, they have taken money for their own good from that Person and are not ready to help. That guy is spoiling my sisters name in front of everyone. He also gave money to my Friends and even they are converted now. 

But somehow I got 4 cheques signed from him with accumulative amount of 27L in August 22nd and he asked to deposit the cheques after a month of teh issue of cheques. To which we agreed. On 23rd September we told him that we are going to deposit the cheques, he said fine you can deposit it. 

All the Cheques are bounced. My sister is at my home. No contact with that person. He has a Transport business with 70-80 cars including Luxury cars. Even my so called friends are working with him and one of them is a Political person with lots of people around to help him. Also the Guy who borrowed Money from us has top most political contacts. We are really scared of these people and don't know how to recover the money. 

When we told him that the cheques are bounced, he says that the company is running in losses and we have to wait. When asked what date shall we come to get the money. He just mentions that we have to wait otherwise do what you want. 

I really don't know what to do. I just have a proof that the cheques are bounced, no other written documents. 

Is there any way that we can recover the amount, 27Lacs won't be anything for few people, but its a fortune for us. 

PLEASE HELP. 

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

If you do not have courage to take legal action then forget the money.  His business shall ever be in loss (atleast reported to you)

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     19 October 2014

You can not only recover the money but can also get more as maintainence for your sister if you choose to go to court. There are numerous legal options available and trust me, He shall be the only one getting harassed by the legal process. Otherwise you may choose to forget your father's hard earn money.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register