New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ZNin Teknajz (Self Employed)     02 August 2023

Received notice from collector of stamps borivali (via our society), asking for penalty of 1 lakh+ ?


We received following notice from Collector of Stamps (Borivali) which levies a penalty of 103520.
This is the notice:

Notice was send to us via our Building Housing Committee.

2 members from society visited us in January 2023, requesting our flat original papers, apparently my parents on goodwill handed over same to them.
On requesting for the original papers, we were informed, those shall be given in a week or two always, we got documents in hand somewhere in June 2023 along with notice to pay the default amount of stamp duty with a penalty.

We requested society to send a letter, they took our original documents:


Kindly guide, if this is legit, and we need to pay the due amounts ?
Or this is some kind of way to illegally get money.

Thanks and Regards,

Notice from Goverment:
Letter from Soceity:


Please also check attachment with both documents in pdf format.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 August 2023

Without verifying the notice received by you and the bylaws of the society and your flat documents, cannot form an opinion.  Consult a local lawyer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2023

It is not known that for what reason that the penalty has been levied on you.

It is advisable that you consult a local advocate by producing the relevant papers including the notice received  in order to get proper advise to move further

ZNin Teknajz (Self Employed)     03 August 2023


Thanks for your reply. We consulted with the government officer whose name is written on 2nd page.

They said we have to make required payments.

Though confused with 1st page such says new laws were implement in 1995 weras our flat was bought in 1994.

Which kind of lawyer can help us in this matter?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register