25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mumbai Car   28 April 2022

Received 138 notice but getting severe harrassed after notice period

Regarding business investment refund, cheque bounced and harrasement.

I want to refund my client amount of Rs 2,42,000 from this amount i had refunded Rs 1,13,000 in November 2021 and remaing amount to refund is 1,29,000/- is still pending.

I had given cheque but dishonoured due to insufficient balance. Then after they send sec 138 notice on 9th April 2022 and also file police complaint. 

Instead of Filing case in court after 15 days of Notice their family started visiting my home and threatening, harrasing me severly..
My mother is a medical patient

So what can i do, after notice period instead of filing case they personally started harrasement. 
But I have still more time to arrange remaning amount.
So how i can save from their harrasement ?
Please reply.


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 April 2022

give a police complaint for harassment when case is filed already.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 April 2022

You can lodge FIR against your client for threatnig and  harrasing you and yout family.

Sai Krishna   28 April 2022

Dear Querist,

You can file a case under Section 503 of the Indian Penal Code which deals with Criminal Intimidation, a case under Section 441, Section 442, and Section 452 of the Indian Penal Code as the person trespassed into your property with a criminal intention.


Thank You.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2022

No police complaint lies over the cheque being dishonoured. 

As already suggested you can initiate action against harassment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query