Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JM (JM)     12 June 2013

Recall nbw

I have been falsely in a 498a case in which I am attending proceedings regualrly for the past 4-5 hearings. Unfortunately, I missed the last hearing and my lawyer also failed to submit an exemption on my behalf and did not show up in court. An NBW has been issued against me.


1. What is the procedure to get the NBW recalled and how long will it take? Will it lead to additional problems like cancellation of bail, bail conditions, etc?

2. Can I not file for quash until NBW is recalled?


 3 Replies

Manoj Kumar Jain (abc)     12 June 2013

Its create lot of problems. 

Sonia Dhamija (Advocate)     12 June 2013

Presenting yourself in the court along with an application to recall the NBW should generally work.


Since the NBW was issued basically for your absence from court on a particular date of hearing, generally speaking it should not give rise to cancellation of bail.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 June 2013

Agreed with Sonia




Shonee Kapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498


If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query