LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Liza (SSE)     29 May 2014

Real estate - broker issue

I have recently purchased a resale flat in thane, gd road. The meeting with the owner(flat seller) was setup by a broker named Sunil (from M.G Properties). At the time of going forward for the deal Sunil had ensured us that he will take care of all the formalities related to property transfer and will charge 2% brokerage for that. We told him we will discuss on the brokerage amount later and proceeded with the deal.
However, just after the initial meeting with the owner, Sunil left for his hometown without informing us & without providing any backup support from his side. In his absence, me & the flat owner had to complete all the formalities on our own. All this while Sunil was not approachable even on the call. Both the parties (buyer & seller of flat) had suffered great loss in terms of time, energy & money as we personally had to look after each minute details of all the formalities.
After registeration and property transfer formalities completed by us, Sunil returned from his hometown and demanded that each party pay him 2% brokerage (total 4%). To which, we tried to reason with him that 2% brokerage from each party is beyond agreeable amount and he was not even available for the property transfer work. We agreed to pay him 1% brokerage from each party (total 2%) considering that he had setup the initial meeting. But Sunil refused to accept this amount and also threatened us to take the matters to Borker's association. All this while, Sunil's behaviour has been unprofessional & non-coperative.

I have following questions:
1) What brokerage amount is applicable for resal property from each party (buyer & seller)?
2) As a consumer, what actions we can take against Sunil's threats to reach Broker's association wrongly against us?
3) How can we approach the broker's association to make complaint against Sunil's unprofessional behaviour & threats?
4) Is there any other consumer forum where we can file complaint against broker's unreasonable demands & ill behaviour?

Please advice me on this.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     29 May 2014

In present case you can approach to consumer forum for deficiency in services by Sunil the broker. You can pray for reliefs such as compensation and harrassment from his side further if he threatens you , you can file criminal complaint against him.

Regards,

Adv.NIKHIL SETH

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register