Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

elbee barboza (HR Executive)     16 December 2010

real estate agents

Sir,

i have recently tried to acquire a flat on rent in mumbai.i had to do thhis through an agent.

The agents charges were in the range of 1.5- 2 months rent.besides every time the agreement is renewed after 11 months the agent explains to get the commission.

I fail to understand why should we be paying the agent this stupendious charge.

Very often the agent just limits his duties to showing you the flat and does not check or even verify the credential of these properties leaving it as a big risk to the buyer.

this has also coaxed people without the proper knowhow to enter this field and then demand the mandatory( as per them) 2% commission.and this includes housewifes/ the local milkman, etc

the website of the estate agents of india does little to tell people about their rights and the agents duties.

besides,  to my knowledge the consumer court has also decided against paying the agent a commission when renewing the lease, but nevertheless these agents still dupe the ignorant customer. 2 months rent every 11 months could mean quite a bit.

i can understand this is more of a demand and supply situation but do we the citizens have any legal recourse(other than consumer courts)/ provisins in the law to counter these outrageous demands and where can we check up on the list of services an agent needs to deliver prior holding himself deserving of the commission. sorry to say but the estate agent association of india does little to clarify this making one wonder about the purpose of forming this association.

please provide any information with respect to the laws and regulations guarding the innocent customer.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register