Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva (Engineer)     18 October 2011

Reagarding rename in birth certificate

Hi All,

I work in a MNC and i've certain doubts regarding the change in my Birth certificate.... I was asked by the office to avail a passport ASAP. When i checked with the people in the Paaport office they require a Birth Certificate, Problem is here... I had an unnoticed problem in my tenth certificate that spelling in my name was corrected and made as SHIVA SHANKAR instead of SIVA SANKAR (Which is my birth certificate; at that time i didnt take it up serious and after that all my certificates (+2, Degree, PG, Office Documents) were SHIVA SHANKAR, Now all have advised me to change the spelling in my birth certicate instead of correcting all the other documents... 

Can any one please suggest me whether it is possible to change the spelling in my Birth Certificate and the procedure and documents needed to do that..

Thanks in Advance

Shiva

Learning

2 Replies

VIJAYAKUMAR (Asst.Manager Lega)     18 October 2011

You need to give Gazette notification through Govt. press stating that Shivashankar and Sivasankar is one and same person.

VIJAY

1 Like

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     18 October 2011

Application for change in Birth Certificate will not be entertained. Ask the Passport Office, c'ause some times even an affidavit to the effect is also considered. As a last resort follow the procedure of declaration in the Govt.Gazzet as suggested by Shri Vijay Kumar.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register