IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjeet (teacher)     09 June 2013

Re marrige

i got divorce from my wife in september 2012. now i want to go for a love marrige. i am government employee, can i do it beacose both our parents are oposite ? i belongs sikh family. what is the simple process of marrige i.e. court or any other way. please give your advice as soon as early....


 7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 June 2013

You can marry under the special marriage act.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 June 2013

if u r Hindu, all u need to take seven steps around sacred fire.

Ranee....... (NA)     09 June 2013

I am a sikh girl and married a hindu boy under special marriage act...(that too ghar se bhaag ke!)

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     09 June 2013

anand marriage act.

Ranee....... (NA)     09 June 2013


manjeet (teacher)     10 June 2013

what is special marrige act ? is there any way to get marrige without the permission of our parents ? our ages are girl 22 and me 25 years. thanx...

Paras Awasthi (Businessman)     10 June 2013



since you and you and the girl are both of marriagable age. Therefore you can marry any one you want to. 


Also i would suugest you to get expert legal assistance from a lawyer.


For legal queries like these you can get expert opinion from www.lawkonect.com

Just post your query online in very simple words and you will get a detailed response to your question by seasoned lawyers as per your requirement.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query