Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ghajini (SSE)     16 October 2010

RCR Exparte steps?


I have won RCR exparte against my wife (summons were duly served to her)..she doesnt want  to come back and didnt want to come to court as well. As per last talks to one of her relatives they insisted that we should go to to her home to return their spendings on marriage otherwise they will file false dowry case, I suggested them to follow legal process, we wont go to her home to return anything (they have not done anything yet). We have proofs against her that she didnt want to marry me, probablly this is the reason that she dont want to come to face the court. 

My question is what should I do next.



 4 Replies

Self service (None)     16 October 2010

You have RCR in favour, don't return any thing. Don't accept any thing you have until unless you are sure other party can prove. In simple words RCR means you want to live with her then why seperating her by giving all things to them until unless they ask for.

Wait for few months consult a good lawyer and then file for divorce based on desertion ( ?) .

1 Like

Ghajini (SSE)     16 October 2010

Thanks Mr. Cheated!

I am also not in mood to pay a single penny.. Just want to ask one Question.. Is the RCR order executable, If Yes, If I dont file execution can it go against me?

I just dont want to give my wife an option of saying that why didn't I executed the RCR decree, when i file for divorce?

Please reply..


Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     16 October 2010

You should file execution and if it is ot executed, after one year you can file divorce.

1 Like

chanakyam (Consultant)     16 October 2010

Yes Ghajini, file the execution petition to execute the RCR order, dont delay in it.  This will really help you in due course.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register