LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babu   03 January 2017

Rcr case withdrawn and filed divorce on cruelty, desertation

I am working in Dubai and filed RCR case in India where my wife refused to stay in my house and wanted to stay separate from my family. Due to my Financial constrains I asked to stay at house and continue the education of my 4 year old son. Her mother visited our house and took her and my son to their relatives house for function and from there they went to Sri Lanka without even informing me.  I came to know when I called up their relatives to join my son to the school on the Opening day. Thus I filed RCR case in July 2016, where she appeared twice and I appeared thrice but only one time we both had Reconciliation in that she told that she will stay with her mom's house in Sri Lanka or Live with me in Dubai Only. In December 2016 I have filed fresh Divorce case and my our First hearing is on 6th January 2017.

I need the Legal help on how this Divorce case to be faced in the court. She is not ready for Mutual also. So how long it will take to get her divorced, because she left my house during April 2016 without informing me or my family members and waited till December 2016 she didn't came back, hence I lost hope and I am in Deep Stress because of her action.

Learning

2 Replies

whatnot   03 January 2017

Why such a hurry?

Is she Srilankan passport holder or Indian?

Where did marriage took place?

If she is agreeing to stay in Dubai. Bring her back to Dubai. It is not worth splitting family just for few misunderstanding.

If it beacuse of schooling (expensive in Dubai) and you wish her to stay back in India. Then discuss and offer a independent house so she can stay.

In order to get divorce you need to show that spouse intention of not continuing marital bliss and discord in marraige. Court looks for your efforts to make it work atleast for a period of 1 year since separation and since you are petitioner onus for your to prove it.

Compromise. Times are tough. Be with her.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Babu

I am working in Dubai and filed RCR case in India where my wife refused to stay in my house and wanted to stay separate from my family. Due to my Financial constrains I asked to stay at house and continue the education of my 4 year old son. Her mother visited our house and took her and my son to their relatives house for function and from there they went to Sri Lanka without even informing me.  I came to know when I called up their relatives to join my son to the school on the Opening day. Thus I filed RCR case in July 2016, where she appeared twice and I appeared thrice but only one time we both had Reconciliation in that she told that she will stay with her mom's house in Sri Lanka or Live with me in Dubai Only. In December 2016 I have filed fresh Divorce case and my our First hearing is on 6th January 2017.

I need the Legal help on how this Divorce case to be faced in the court. She is not ready for Mutual also. So how long it will take to get her divorced,

That no one can tell.  Maybe 6-7 years may be 2 decades.

because she left my house during April 2016 without informing me or my family members and waited till December 2016 she didn't came back, hence I lost hope and I am in Deep Stress because of her action.

You are in some country, your wife is in some other country.  What is use of staying married like this?  Marriage is not just for earning money, it for leading life together, is it not?  If you go and sit in some country, how long do you expect your wife to do seva of your parents and people in your fathersw house?  Those type of women used to exist at the time of your parents, not in 2017.  It appears that your wife wants to lead life with you hence she is not agree for divorce via mutual consent, why dont you take her with you to dubai?  Think about that.  She has not filed any cases on you.  In such case why do you spoil your life   and hers too?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register