LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amruth (Software)     08 August 2010


I was married three years back and was leading  a normal life till I came back to India from US. My wife says she was unhappy with me for past 3 years and wants a divorce.. The reasons she gives me are very small that I am not caring for her etc.... I have told her many times that I will listen to her ... but now she has left my house and not talking to me.. she is waiting for me to send a notice as all means of communications has been ignored by her and her family.. They have informed all our relatives that I am a drunkard and beat her up and thats the reason we are seperated but the fact being that I am teetotaller .It has been 5 months without any communication although I meet her in my neighbour hood very often but she does not even bother to look at me.. I really dont know what crime did I do ??I want to continue my life with her but she is silent and not respoding... what should I do ???  She has recently sent a registered post saying that myself and my parents have tortured her etc etc.. but we never lived with my parents till now  at all.(not even one day)..I want that no other women tortures men like this at any cost... Since they have law by their side, they want me to fall at her feet or something...(even which I have done)...what is best way to make her realise what she has done is wrong and bring her back home in a legal way... please advise.


 3 Replies

Self service (None)     08 August 2010

I am facing exact same, don't take it lightly.

Probably you were used just to live a materialistic life abroad and now by all means squezzed for money.

Face reality lady you lived with no more is your wife, if a matured lady doesnt understand impactof her all doings no meaning to spend time for her or accept unreonable behavior and demand.

Take actions for legal prevention,

1. Inform Sr police offcial about incidence ( you are already late) mention she has taken all "streedhan" and request for conuselling.

2. Take help of local lawyer send RCR notice and wait reaction

3.Start collecting all financial information/ travel details/ statements from US/ her educational details etc. Sooner or later it will end with demanding some money with mutual consent divorce. Act as per lawyers advice

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     08 August 2010

Talk to her through some friends to know what she exactly want and why she is doing this and convince her to come back. Send reply to her notice through a good advocate denying all her allegations and asking her to join you again. If she does not respond then file an RCR.

1 Like


@ Amruth,

Two adults (mariied) persons can't be forced even by act of God to live together under same roof and yet be able to freely perform cohibitation "if" one person does not want to cohibit for whatever reasons. So suspend the thoughts of making another person realise that she was wrong. These unconcious revengeful acts will lead you as a perfect youth into commondo activists mode and further make you spend your precious youthful years in Courts and ending up with a grand finale of self relaisation and a bitterness in life.3 years is quite good period to "iron" out reasoning a bus missed somehow emerging from your briefs.

Ms. Archana wholesome advise is quite practical and correct in much short and sweet ways. Look forward if you say you know law favouring a women otherwise welcome to the club.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query