LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     18 February 2015

Quey on MCD petition

Me and wife filed MCD petition in gujarat. Since there is 6 months cooling period given by Supreme Court. Is it legal to speak to my wife during this period and try for reconciliation? My in laws are not allowing me to speak to my wife. Can I approach family court and request for reconciliation and meet my wife? I want to convince my wife to stay with me. I want to settle everything with a compromise. Is there a provision in law that i can use to meet my wife though my in laws are not allowing. Is it not illegal?


 2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 February 2015

Its not illegal to try for reconcilation during the six month period.try to meet her somewhere outside if ur mil is objecting..if u both want to join and want to withdraw the mcd then file a joint petition before the court

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     16 March 2015

then dont appear on the hearing date or withdraw the petition when you need for reconcilation with your wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query