LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lissing perme (unemployed)     30 December 2010

Question on reasonablity of fee under RTI2005

FACT OF THE CASE-PIO of Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission(APPSC) is charging Rs 25/- "Marks statement" of candidate which is just one A4 size paper.

GROUNDS-The stand of APPSC is that since 1989 they has established rule/notification by Chief Secretary/Govt. under which the cost priced of "Marks Statement" is Rs 25/-,further they said that it come under definition of "Priced Publication" under Arunachal Pradesh RTI Rule 2005. 

APRTI RULES 2005- According to the Arunachal Pradesh RTI Rule 2005 the fee for information are

1)where the information is available in form of priced publication if priced so fixed.

2)for other than priced publication the fee is Rs 10/- per page.

QUESTION-

1) can one A4 size paper be come under definition of "Priced Publication"????

2) is cost of one A4 paper (Marks statement)as Rs 25/-is reasonable ???

3) suppose if I asked for "Marks Statement" of 200 candidates then according to rules of Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission it will cost me Rs 5000/- (25x200=5000),it meant for 200 A4 paper I am paying Rs 5000/-

But in market the priced of one packet(contain 500 sheets) of A4 size paper is Rs 200 only.

So is this not against the very Spirit of RTI 2005,which said that additional fee should be reasonable.

SUGGESTION/REMEDIES-............

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register