Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Question on divorce petition counter - advice pls!

Page no : 2

ramesh (software engineer)     24 July 2014

Thanks a lot, Mr. Kalaiselvan and Mr.Biswanath Roy.

I always feel positive and confident when I get inputs and suggestions through this forum . But when I take these suggestions to my lawyer , he sometimes makes me nervous and discouraged.  I live in US and have to put up with him as he has already charged a hefty amount after he filed the vaklatnama. I am also not in a position to travel often to India and the case is held in a city apprx 250 kms away from the town where my not so educated parents live, to follow up with him.  He keeps insisting to just deny the allegations and mention that I am not interested in her and finish up the case quickly rather than listing the reason for denials in detail which I wanted him to include in the counter. At times I am not sure if he is speaking for me or for the other party. I am keeping my fingers crossed as what he is going to draft for the counter. 

The great lawyers in this forum , have the patience to read through our queries and give their inputs as an act of good will. But the one who we hire, presumes the case before even i complete the statement. I'll have to trust him anyways, as i have just one more week to file the counter.

Hats off to the knowledgeable lawyers in this forum who are providing their insights and inputs to help the restless souls live in peace! Greatly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks again!

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     29 July 2014

@ Mr. Ramesh,

I am sorry to remind you that now a days conducting a case from U.S.A. to India is not at all a difficult task.  You can appoint a Solicitor in India and can direct him to engage a Senior lawyer of repute viz., Senior Advocate who will make out a strategy to fight out the case and monitor day to day attendance through his junior or through the junior Advocate of the Solicitor. and shall keep an watching eye over the case. Prior to this arrangement the Solicitor, Senior Advocate and their client will sit before a VIDEO CONFERENCE to make out a suitable strategy and legal action to be followed by TAKING CONSENT FROM THE CLIENT.AND HIS APPROVAL..  This system is being followed by the developed countries now a days. To be frank I REGULARLY MONITOR MY CASES IN DIFFERENT STATES IN INDIA.FOLLOWING THIS SYSTEM.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register