LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Evenmore (Private)     26 October 2015

Question on crp

Dear Experts,


Kindly provide your valuable advice on the below.


A person is facing criminal and Original Suit (OS) with the same set of allegations.


The criminal case is quashed by the High Court on some ground.


Can the person approach the High Court to quash the Suit  as well.


Please advice.  What remedy is available for the person under C.R.P to clear himself from suit. 


Thanks in advance.



 4 Replies

Evenmore (Private)     27 October 2015

Can anyone please advice.

punit (advocate)     28 October 2015

kindly send detail of this case

Dr Shahid Nadeem (Dentist)     29 October 2015

Kindly provide details of the matters.... I thinks if same point in both the issues than it will be exemption if RES JUDUCATA...

Evenmore (Private)     29 October 2015

Sequence in which cases were filed:


  1.  498A Case filed.

  2.  DVC Case

  3.  Suit for recovery under C.P.C


All the three cases filed with same allegations. DVC and Suit, the claims and reliefs requested are are similar.


498A won by accused. DVC & Suit proceedings going on.


Complainant has not mentioned in the suit that she has  already filed DVC with same reliefs. Complainant admitted in the Suit proceedings that DVC filed with similar reliefs.


Question:  Does DVC and Suit attract Double jeopardy ? 


Kindly provide your advice on what way can we overcome multiplicity of cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register