LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praful Tharvani   04 November 2019

query related to motor vehicle act

I had bought a second hand financed vehicle from a person because he was not able to pay it's installment so he sold me bolero mini truck with a contract and the vehicle was not transferred on my name due to finance terms the agreement between us states the amount i paid him in lump-sum and rest of installment will be paid by me to finance company and it was duly signed and notarized by both of us and 2 witnesses and now that vehicle met with an accident and my brother died in same now what should I do can anyone give me adequate legal advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Sb Karma   05 November 2019

Originally posted by : Praful Tharvani
I had bought a second hand financed vehicle from a person because he was not able to pay it's installment so he sold me bolero mini truck with a contract and the vehicle was not transferred on my name due to finance terms the agreement between us states the amount i paid him in lump-sum and rest of installment will be paid by me to finance company and it was duly signed and notarized by both of us and 2 witnesses and now that vehicle met with an accident and my brother died in same now what should I do can anyone give me adequate legal advice.

Contact Insurance company of your vehicle because they will suggest you proper,due to difference rules followed by different company,may be their terms in favour of you.

If they don't assist you properly then go for legal action-but first go to insurance house.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 November 2019

Contact a local advocate who is an expert in such accident matters.  The insurance policyholder (Third party) can alone proceed against the insurance company for any harm to the third party.  Show the insurance policy to the Advocate, as the claim depends on the nature of policy (Comprehensive or Third party)

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 November 2019

There need not be any problem for the dependants of deceased if the vehicle has been covered by a valid insurance policy. More than you, it should be seller of the vehicle who is bothered because the vehicle continues to be registered in his name!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register