LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Malay Sahani (Business)     29 April 2024

Query related to father's name correction in pan and other documents

The incident is as follow

- Father's original name is Binay Kumar Sahani.

- In 10th certificate its written as Binoy Kumar Sahani.

- In the retirement doc and PPO it is written as Binoya Kumar Sahani.

- Now in my father's aadhar and pan the name is changed to Binoya Kumar Sahani which is aligned with PPO.

- But in all my certificates and documents, my father's name it is written as  Binay Kumar Sahani.


Now please suggest what is a permanent resolution to make sure I have a legal document to proof that my father is Binoya Kumar Sahani?


Thank you in advance.



 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 April 2024

To rectify a spelling mistake on your Aadhaar Card, visit the official UIDAI website and select the ‘Update Aadhaar’ option. Follow the instructions to submit a correction request online by providing the correct information and supporting documents.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 April 2024

you have to take steps for name change and get an affidavit prepared followed by newspaper publication stating the your father's name has been erroneously mentioned as ....instead of .... and both the names pertain to your father and are one and the same. 

This may solve your problem. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register