query regarding inquest/panchanama in case of false 498a..

Delivery Head

Hi All,

I am fighting against false cases filled by my wife under IPC 498a and others. I am having urgent legal query regarding Panchanama/Inuqest for which I am seeking your experts opinion.
From few sources I came to know that Police/IO is going to visit my house for doing Inquest/Panchanama however I am not sure if it is necessary in my case or not. Note that all cases filed by my wife are false however seems like Police is also heavily bribed by my bitter half and her family.
So I want to understand if it is legally possible for Police/IO to do punchanama in case of  false 498a and other cases. If yes, does Police needs Court permission to do so  and can I ask for Court permission from IO/Police for doing Panchanama? 
IPC 406 is not applied in my case and hence there is no case of recovery of streedhan.
Please let me know.
Delivery Head

As I understand from legal definition of Inquest, it is an enquiry or investigation in the cause of some unnatural death and it is not a case for me. So request you to suggest way forward to fight against corrupted Police in case they reach for Panchanama to my house.


Many Thanks,





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x