LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.Lakshmikanthan (senior)     29 May 2020

Query regarding change in board member in a chariable trust

In a registered private temple trust, my father is the founder trustee, out of four board members(my mom, and siters) , now i want to quit from the post and from the trust, instaed of me myvsosn name to be added. What is the procedure, do we hv to register such modification.

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 May 2020

If in the Registered Trust Deed, such clause is there, then it can be modified/changed by an amendment to the Trust deed.  usually, there will be provisions to modify/alter/amend any clause by voting of majority persons.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 May 2020

Yes, what is the conditions in the Trust Deed as to effecting such changes?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 May 2020

Go through laid down bylaws - rules and regulations for appointment/resignation of such Trust office bearers, if there is no such possibility in existing regulations, get amendments done and get it noted with the commissioner.   It is within family and can be sorted out with guidance from a local advocate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 May 2020

Show the trust deed to a local lawyer for proper analyses, guidance and proceeding.

S.Lakshmikanthan (senior)     08 June 2020

I thank all the above experts for their reply. Thank u all.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 June 2020

This is a voluntary forum and members learn through others' experiences mostly.  TO give a logical ending to your post and to make it useful to others who may face similar situation, it is proper on your part to come back and report as to how you have succeeded, so that others can also learn without much effort.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register