Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayank Gupta   04 June 2023

Query regarding approved map of house

Hello,

I zeroed on a house in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. I was going through documents of the house and realized it doesn't have approved map. I asked the owner who told me that approved map is not mandatory since its not a proper society but building with 2 houses and a shop, all over each other. I have some doubts and would appreciate if someone would clear it. He has also taken home loan on the house without map and cites it as example that map is not necessary.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 June 2023

Obtain EC and copy of related documents and show them to a prudent advocate for further guidance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2023

Obtaining loan on the property itself will not confer clear and marketable title to the property to the vendor.

If you are really serious of buying the property, then you should get the property related relevant documents properly scrutinised and obtain a legal opinion from an experienced lawyer  and proceed only if recommended.

A house property with shopping complex cannot be constructed without proper approval of building plan.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     05 June 2023

Get title of the property searched by a local prudent lawyer before finalisation of transaction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register