Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Supratim Paul (E)     05 October 2013

Query on selling of car (legal help req)

Respected Sir,

With due respect , I would like to state that myself Raju Biswas is having a Maruti Swift Vehicle , registered in Bangalore.

I am planing to sell my Car. There Loan on my Car is over and Hypothication is removed from the RC Book. 

I would like to know , what are the documentation required to be done from my side  and shall I wait for the Transfer of the Vehicle to the Buyer Name before handing over the Car to the Buyer or shall I hand over the vehicle to the Buyer once I get the Clearance Certificate from the RTO. 

Request if you can help me on this.

Thanking You

Yours sincerely,

Raju Biswas

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 October 2013

It is not necessary for you to wait until the car is transferred to the buyer's name. Generally the buyer will come with all the necessary forms. You should have your RC Book (nowadays the RTO gives a card instead of a book) and Insurance policy ready. The insurance policy also should be transferred along with the car. The necessary forms should be signed by you. The most important thing is that the buyer should give you a delivery note, which will state the he has taken delivery of the car specifying date and time and that thereafter he only shall be liable for any matter regarding the car such as any accident. Once you have collected the money and the delivery note, it would be the buyer's head-ache thereafter. If you only want to collect the necessary forms, you may be able to download them from the State Government website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register