Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (HR Executive)     09 December 2014

Query on process after depositing rent to court

Hi all

My case is regarding depositing rent to court and identifying who my landlord is?

There are 2 person claiming to be landlord of the premisis where in I am staying with my family (with their own supporting documents), due to this I hired a local lawyer who suggested for filing Interpleader suit stating

Prayer

Prayer a) Identify who the original landlord among them is so that the rent is given to them

Prayer b) Till the time the case is resolved deposit the rent amount to court

Now the lawyer suggested me for an Interim relief if prayer b) and was passed by the small cause court here.

However now I know that for the point a) it will take nearly 10-20 yrs for it to come to conclusion and I am not having that much time and money to run around my lawyer who is not at all professinal and take leaves for the office and compromise my personal life.

Please let me know the steps to close the case as I asked someone who said that if you withdraw the case then you might loos the order.

also let m eknow what are the steps after interim relief is passed so that the case is closed

Please suggest

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 December 2014

In the event of not able to identify the actual owner and if suppose both the owners claim rental amount, you may ask them to prove their title and collect the amount from court upon which you can petition the court seeking its permission permitting you to deposit the rental amount with the court every month, otherwise open a new account in a bank and keep depositing the rental amount every month to it and do not withdraw it till you get concrete proof of title of the owner of the building.  Consult another local lawyer for second opinion.

Raju (HR Executive)     12 December 2014

Hi kalaiselvan
Thanks for the reply

I have already deposited the amount in court now I want to close the case since I know knowing the actual landlord will take years .

Please let me know the steps to close the case.

I guess I cant withdraw the case as I asked someone who said that if you withdraw the case then you might loos the order.

also let me know what are the steps after interim relief is passed so that the case is closed.

Please suggest

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register