Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopi   27 April 2023

Query on dc land sold

Hi Experts,

Need your expert opinions on my queries.

We belong to SC community. My grandfather sold a DC Land 30yrs ago to Non SC person. When I came to know from my moth, i searched the old records with survey number found that the land was alloted in my grandfather name only. But while selling my grandfather along with his brother signed and sold. In the agreement it was mentioned all 3 names. When checked EC it was showing that grandfather along with his brother's sold the land to other person. Now the current land owner handed over the land to us. Patta was also given to current owner name who bought this land.

Now when we took over the land but my grandfather brother family person asking for share. Claims that his grandfather also signed in the sale document. But initially patta was given only in my grandfather name. Pls guide how to takeover the land legally in our name. Is there any share to be given for my grandfathers brother family also. We checked the old land records and patta was alloted only to my grandfather name. 

1. Does my grandfather brother family also given share n how to cancel the earlier registration. Land is in Vellore district.

Your feedback will help us a lot.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 April 2023

If you have purchased the already sold land from the buyer then you become the aboslute owner of the property, nobody can claim any share in it as a right.

You have mentioned that the current owner has handed over the property to you, but how?

Since he became the owner with title on his name vide a registered sale deed, then his transfer to you without a registered document makes this transfer invalid and null and void.

The encubrance already created over the property will remain until and unless it is over ruled by another registration entry.

Gopi   28 April 2023

Thanks Sir your prompt response.

My grandfather father bought this land from other person. After his period, patta and survey number reflecting in my grandfather name only. I checked in VAO office n records show that land was in my grandfather name. He sold the property. During selling the land, his brother's also signed the sale agreement. Since my grandfather brothers also signed now they are asking for share. They also saying that they got some share amount from the sale. 

Now current owner handed over the land verbally to me. And asked to takeover for agriculture.

Pls advise how to takeover legally and change our name 

Do we need to execute another registration from current owner to our name or give request to register to cancel the previous registration.

Is there a way to cancel the previous registration so that land as per govt records will show my grandfather name.

Your feedback will really help us. Thanks 

Current 

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2023

"Is there a way to cancel the previous registration so that land as per govt records will show my grandfather name"

Why such an indirect procedure? Please come clean with the facts and the real issue, if any.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register