Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manohar Manu (NA)     30 June 2017

Query about survey

Dear Team,

My uncle got grant land as compensation for losing his land for irrigation project.

He got 2 acres of land in Sy No. 35 & in Sy No 36 i.e 1 acre in sy no 35 and 1 acre in sy no 36 but in all revenue records it was mentioned as 2 acres of land in Sy no 36.

Few years ago when survey sketch was prepared by the concerned taluk office it was clearly showing possession of 1 acre in sy no 35 and 1 acre in sy no 36.

Totally he was in possession of 2 acres of land. Neighbor land owner i.e Sy No 35/1 owner was aware of this fact, so he encroached 1 acre. So his extent became 3 acres now.

My uncle requested for survey of his Sy No 36 land, concerned land surveyor did survey of Sy no 36. In survey it was clear only one acre of land is left. Surveyor did not do the survey of 35/1, because in my uncle's revenue records only Sy No 36 is mentioned.  And surveyor said he cannot do survey of other land because he can do survey according to revenue record.

In all revenue records extent of grant land is 2 acres and now from past 3 years it's only 1 acre.

Now my question is what is the solution for this ?

How can my uncle get back his 2 acres land back? Pls advice on this. Old survery sketch prepared by revenue  authorities is still valid or not?




 1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2017

For the correction of error in revenue records approach revenue authorities.

In case you are unable to resolve on your own seek help of a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads