LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh bhatia   07 September 2021

Query about land in the name of mother - part 2

I am greatful to all the team of experts for What ever the reply so for hon'ble Expert given to earlier post -- just to add some clarification to get better idea I am putting this --- My father was in govt service so he has taken plot in his friends name , later after his death my mother got it transffered in her name, i don't know whether any transaction amount paid or not for doing so , Also after this transaction whether there was any more transaction done in her name by elder brother or not , i have not clue .. under such scene still the other heirs stand to have the equal rights or not ?

Learning

5 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 September 2021

Find out the mode of that transfer. The main thing is that the property is self acquired whether acquired by will or gift or self income or sell or through inheritance will be deal as per the TP Act and succession or inheritance laws. I hope the property do not fall under the category of lease or license! Therefore please at first get the papers.

mahesh bhatia   07 September 2021

Thank you pradipta sir , as you mentioned about the method of property aquisition - what papers will clear things ? i have 7 /12 extract only with me , are you referring to the deed papers when my mother's name was added in 7 /12 ,

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 September 2021

Yes I am talking about the deed of transfer.

mahesh bhatia   10 September 2021

Sir I had asked for the paper to my older brother , but he didn't saying that he has already finalized some deal for the mentioned plot , in such case how to get the papers , and till the time i get it if brother close the deal then what ?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     10 September 2021

Hire an Advocate for your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register