IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Kumar Mishra (Project Coordinator)     03 September 2012

Query about cibil

Dear All,


If my name and other details has been shared with CIBIL in 2006-2007, can I get it remove from there. Bank issue is still pending and I tried to resolve it with bank but now they are asking for a huge amount to settle the matter. Earlier I had some financial issues and some service regarding issues with the bank. So didn't repay the banks outstanding that was somewhere my mistake also but it was not intensionally, I was facing financial crisis. I hope you can understand.

Please help and let me know if any way to get out from CIBIL records and can have a normal life.


Rakesh Kumar 


 2 Replies

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     03 September 2012

Once u have taken loan from the bank which has signed up with Credit Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) will always record your credit history and your payment term your default records etc

CIBIL intiative is part of prudential norms and reasonable assurance to bank for payment track record

Hence ur record under CIBIL can't be changed or removed

however u can improve ur rating if re-pay ur loan in the timely and prudent manner.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 September 2012

You have posted that you had some service regarding issues with the bank.

You may agitate on these issues and obtain favorable decision from bank or DCDRF and thereafter bank shall update CIBIL record.You may mention in your complaint to DCDRF that bank may be ordered to clean your credit history with CIBIL and all other agencies to which you were reported as a defaulter.It shall be appropriate to approach a lawyer specialising in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query