IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subbarao (Engineer)     11 November 2010


Dear Sir,

I have one query as below.

My friend is buying a flat from a direct owner of the flat in Hyderabad.

The Agreement of Sale is executed with the owner on 1st Nov 2010. In the"Agreement of Sale", his name is typed as T.NARENDRA, where as in Sale Deed executed between the builder and owner as well as in EC obtained from Sub Registrar Office is found as T.NARENDER.

When we asked why there is a difference in the spelling of Name?

He replied that Rectification deed has been put up for correcting the typographical error.

The error shall be corrected and a new EC will be given.

Whatever he told is true or flase?

Shall we buy the flat from him or not?

Please Advise????

Thanking you sir.


Subba Rao


 2 Replies


You can purchase the flat from him under the following conditions

1. Verify the name  and identification of the seller with public authorities record (revenue, voter id, PAN, Passport)

2. By getting proper rectification deed to the discrepancy of name.

Because Buyer Beware (caveat Emptor)

have a safe purchase of property

1 Like

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     11 November 2010

u ask for the draft of the rectification deed which he says he has presented for registration. Also check with the registrar office whether such deed has been presented for registration.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query