LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

diwakar nath   28 October 2017

query

sir I Diwakar ,I have query regarding issue that my daughter is doing activities which is not good for our other family member,if some legal action is taken against her me and my other family member should not be responsible for that,so what are the documentation procedure I have to do in this regard

Learning

4 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     29 October 2017

Debarred/ disowned her from all movable and immovable propert and also srvd all the relation from her by publication that u hv disowned her and now no more liable for her any task people shd deal on at thier own risk as she is not in your cntrl. By publication in one local and national news paper...u can also file a declartion suit after publication in court of competent jurisdiction.. Regards Jaspal S Maini(Adv) 9999987283

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     29 October 2017

First of all, if your daughter is working and has source of income for her maintenance for herself or not. If she is self sufficient, you can ask her to leave your house and than serve all relationship with her by newspaper publication, disinherit her to claim any share in your property after your death.

You can even make Will with regard to your property/estate in favour of other children and wife etc. where you can disinherit and debar your daughter to claim any of your property after your death.

In case your daughter is unemployed and has no source of inome, and she is unmarried, than it will be you, as a father to maintain her under section 20 of the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act,1956. In such case you become bound to maintain her as she will claim her right through the Family Court.

Also as she is living in domestic relationship with you her right to seek place of residence from you also exists that also she can claim if she doesn't have any other place to live.

You must keep in mind all these issues before taking any action against your daughter.

(Guest)

U still facing problem? I had told you to kick her out.

diwakar nath   29 October 2017

but she is married,due to some problem with her husband she is living in her birth place

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register