LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Singh_1984 (N/A)     28 October 2017

Query

Greetings to all Experts !!! My mother went to my real sister's house ( Located in City X) happily to meet grand children, and when she came back( to our city Y), she was a but silent and tensed.Then after a while she revealed that my sister and my brother-in-law forced her to make a WILL of our FLAT in their name but she somehow avoided them. After that my mother had received few calls also from my sister which further is adding to my mother's tensed behaviour. Today I got a call from my sister and she said - she would be coming next week to meet us just like that, that too Alone when she has two kids at home , one is 6 year old and another is 4 year old. It is well known to us , that my brother-in-law ( my sister's husband) is a very dishonest person and is basically a property dealer though he calls himself an architect. FLAT is duly registered in my mother's name after my father's death. When registry was done all legal heirs inlcuding my sister had signed in front of sub registrar and agreed to transfer full ownership to my mother, and hence REGISTRY was done. What all can I do here legally so that I can help my mother to get rid of the tension. How can I stop calls if they start flowing in incessantly ?

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 October 2017

No need to worry once the WILL is registered with revenue authorities. 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 October 2017

Let your mother make Will of the property in your favour and she can tell your sister about it when she comes and repeat the demand of making Will of the property in her and her husband's favour.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     28 October 2017

A WILL can be executed on daily basis or so and it is only last WILL which only came to be enforced. Since property is in her name so let her decide. You can severe your relation with your sister and brother in law.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     28 October 2017

Your mother is the sole owner of the said property and will always came into force after the death of executer and after the death of the owner of the property. Now it is upto your mother what she wants to do...No one can force your mother to do so.. Moreover will can be modified even later on in the presence of two witnesses.. Regards Jaspal S Maini(Adv) 9999987283

Your mother is the sole owner of the said property and will always came into force after the death of executer and after the death of the owner of the property. Now it is upto your mother what she wants to do...No one can force your mother to do so.. Moreover will can be modified even later on in the presence of two witnesses.. Regards Jaspal S Maini(Adv) 9999987283

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register