LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (manager)     25 August 2014

Quashing of fir for 1st blood relatives - 498a

Hello sir


My Sis in law (maternal side - noida) married to my bro in law (wife bro) ( maternal side - Delhi) had issue in marriage. Now Sis In Law put name of all of us (me, my wife, wife brother & his parents) into 498 A at noida court.

We all are granted permananet bail by lower / session court.

Now parallely Girl Side put Domestic violence case in Delhi - Saket court and involved all of us, against which she rolled back mine & my wife name as we were/are residing in Faridabad, not under same roof in Delhi.

Now Charge sheet for 498A has no specific claim agsint me & my wife, same is about to be submitted in court.

No one from Police reached to faridabad home for checking anything and IO has confirmed that he has not mentioned anything specific against us.

Lawyer is suggesting to go for FIR / chargesheet quashing for me & my wife. IS IT POSSIBLE. if yes how much time is involved.

Please suggest.


 3 Replies

karthik (divorce applicant)     26 August 2014

this is possible but quashing rights only in the hands of high court so you have to hire a high court lawyer for this

Nitin (manager)     26 August 2014

Thanks for the reply.


do you have any idea , how much time does it take for this quashing process

harrassed (SE)     08 December 2014

If the charge sheet do not contain any claim of the crime, there is a high probability for quashing.


All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register