Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin (Accounts executive)     17 August 2013

Quashing of fir


there are charges agains me under IPC 420 & 408, i have paid all the dues to the complainant and both the party now wants to settle the matter.

can i apply for quashing of FIR. is it possible to quash FIR against me u/sec 420,408.



 4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 August 2013

u have to apply to High court to quash FIR.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     17 August 2013

Section 320 of Cr.P.C. offence under section 408 & 420 compoundable with the leave of the court and Complainant has to file a Petition stating true facts entire amount has been received, settled amicably, he whats to withdraw case then court will pass orders dismissing case.

lingraj maradi (advocate)     17 August 2013

you have to approach the High court for quashing the FIR and even section 420 IPC compoundable only with the permission of the court.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     17 August 2013

file a quashing petition before High court under article 226 read with section 482 of Cr.PC on settlement ground. the court has power to quash the FIR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query