LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari Prasad (service)     28 June 2011

Quash

After 17 years of marriage,vexed up with the attitude of my wife ,i files divorse .as a retalitiion my wife filed a false case of dowry on me,my mother,retired father, brother and sister.My parents , married brother and sister doesnot stay with me, infact they are settled in different state.Police have file 498A against me and I was remanded for 14 day judicial custody.

I applied for anticipatary bail for my parents ,brother and sister and got it. As adviced by my lawyer ,I have also applied to high court for quashing .Hon,High court has given stay to my parents ,brother and sister.

My question is what is quashing,Is it the case has been dropped against my parents,brother and sister.

How do I know that the case againt my parents,brother and sister has been quashed.ow can I save my relatives for 498A.

I have enough proof s and withness to prove my innoces.

I am in hyderabad

Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     28 June 2011

Dear Mr,

Please be noted that IPC498 charge wont stand against you .Within 7 years after marriage is the limitation period to attract this section but still she can allege cruelty. Before entering in to the merits of the lower court case, if HC finds that the complained filed by your wife is with the intention of harassing you, HC can Quash it. You have to submit all the relevant documents before the HC regarding your divorse petition to support your case at HC. 

Hari Prasad (service)     04 July 2011

Thank you Sajeev Menon

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register