cpc

qualification for patent agent

Greetings,

Qualification for patent agent is a science graduation, I am a ML graduate and I ve done 5yrs law degree, if I need to register as patent agent, can I do any distance education in science. whether it is application? Is there any regulation? Pls clarify me.

Indian Patent Agent

Yes you rightly said, technical qualification is must to become patent agent exam. I think you might do a correspondence course in science. However, you must check the recogination of such course by AICTE and UGC. 

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahsan

Total likes : 1 times

Advocate

Whether MCA qualifies for this exam ?

thank you,  let me do any correspondence course in science.

regards,

Aruna

Indian Patent Agent

section 126. Qualifications for registration as patent agents :- (1) A person shall be qualified to have his name entered in the register of patent agents in he fulfils the following conditions, namely :-
(a) he is a citizen of India;
(b) he has completed the age of 21 years
(c) he has obtained a [degree in science , engineering or technology from any university established under law for the time being the force] in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf , and, in addition,-
(d) he has paid such fee as may be prescribed.

What is your undergraduate degree?

Personaly, I don't know any patent agent with MCA background but there are a lot with B.tech computer science. 

Advocate

Thanks for the details... I have done B.com(hons) as under graduate degree... 

Patent Consultant

To understand more about patent agent exam in India, please visit the following link

INDIA PATENT BLOG

Patent Consultant

To understand more about patent agent exam in India, please visit the following link

INDIA PATENT BLOG

Patent Consultant

INDIA PATENT BLOG

content writer

hello to everyone,

can anyone tell me when is the next patent agent examination going to be conducted apart from jan 2010,

also plz tell me when is this exam conducted, is it twice a year or once.

thanx..........

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x